The GiftingNetwork (GN)
- GN offers technology solutions that automate donor/grant making, and administrative processes for both donor advised funds (DAFs) and donor directed contributions.
- Lastly, GN provides a “killer app,“ the “Charitable Catalog” to facilitate the communication and showcasing of funding needs based on donor specific intent which will transform operating charities’ programs
- GN is used in real-time online by both donors and non-profits.
- GN provides donor engagement and development workflow, grant and scholarship applications, grant reviews, progress reports, donor statements, donor grant suggestions, surveys, targeted e-marketing capabilities, web hosting, and advanced content management.
- GN is the donor’s front-end experience for each organization and can contain an unlimited number of institutional profiles and specific project and funding request.
Forms-based work flow management makes transaction processing easy.
The GiftingNet Web Portal
The GN-hosted, non-profit organization branded web portal is philanthropic front-office for all program participants. Form-based, work flow management makes transaction processing easy; Advancement Staff uses the portal to set up new donor advised funds.
Fund Seekers (internal programs or external organizations):
- Promote their work in the Charitable Catalog to attract donors and donor-advisors
- Submit online applications for discretionary grants
- Submit progress reports describing program accomplishments
Students submit online applications to scholarship programs.
Distribution Committees perform grant or scholarship application reviews online, and submit form-based evaluations.
Staff administrators respond to automatic notifications to approve grant recommendations and investment changes.
- Make earmarked gifts via the portal
- Donor-advisors view their fund balance
- Suggest grant disbursements
- Recommend investment changes
- Discover funding opportunities in the Charitable Catalog, a searchable, illustrated database of vetted funding opportunities
- Empower your donors to discover the funding opportunity that precisely satisfies their charitable interests. Since specific projects can be profiled as well as organizations, donors can target their philanthropy.
Charitable Catalog items are maintained by the fund seekers themselves, insuring accuracy and freshness, with the NPO staff serving as the gatekeeper and optionally spotlighting preferred funding needs.
Donor relations staff automates charitable guidance by selecting preferred funding needs that are spotlighted for donors based on philanthropic interests and giving history.
GiftingNetwork Service Bureau
Participating non-profit organizations outsource all program administration to the GiftingNetwork Service Bureau, expect grant approval, which is easily given online.
the GN financial infrastructure:
GN Primary Custodian
- Cost effective
- Insures seamless, accurate, and timely investment reporting without expensive data aggregation fees
- Individual “trust-form” accounts yield fairness and transparency for the donor (customized commingled endowment model available)
Independent Investment Management
- Best of breed investments rather than any proprietary products
- Can begin with index funds for efficiency and simplicity
The service bureau performs all essential back-office tasks:
- Record keeping for gifts, security sales, grants, payments, investments, and fees
- Participant notifications and reporting
- Gift acknowledgement and annual donor IRS summary
- Grant processing and payments
- Fund statements and portal maintenance
NPO staff is freed to concentrate on core competencies: Donor relations and program expertise
Donor advised funds are the fastest growing segment of philanthropy.
GiftingNetwork provides major benefits to all stakeholders:
4. GN is an outsourced solution for donor-directed philanthropy that increases DAF revenue:
- A dedicated service bureau to perform back-office tasks
- A choice of investment solutions
- A web-based front office for all participants
- Financial product administration via a primary custodial agent
- A decoupling of the investment product from the related administration to reduce complexity
- Accounting, cashiering, notifications, and statements via a networked system of web portals
- Outsourced administration virtually eliminates the need for in-house DAF administration
- Lower barriers so that mid- and small-sized non-profit organization can launch their own DAF programs
1. GN gives donors the freedom and convenience they require.
2. GN lifts the administrative burden off the shoulders of the non-profit organizations and financial service providers.
3. The GiftingNetwork architecture, along with the PBO business process, standardizes and centralizes critical procedures.